24 Aug Letter to Parents
Thank you for leading your family to participate in Future Grace Phase Three. This is an exciting opportunity for our church to fulfill our calling to make disciples in our neighborhood, our city, and around the world. It is also an excellent opportunity to teach children about the joy and purpose of giving. Children may not have large amounts to contribute toward Future Grace, but their participation and giving are still significant. We will all benefit from seeking God together in this season.
As you walk through the prayer guide and daily readings, look for ways to include your children in the discussions and decisions about how your household will participate in the giving campaign. Here are a few suggestions:
- Have your child read a portion of Ephesians and discuss it as a family after a meal.
- Offer opportunities to earn extra money by doing chores around the house.
- Include Grace and our future discipleship opportunities in your family prayers.
- Ask your child to think of ways they can invite friends to church and Sunday School. • Talk with your child about giving, saving, and spending the resources that God has entrusted to them.
- As a family, memorize the weekly mediation passage. Consider giving a prize to whoever memorizes it first.
- Pray together about what your family will give. Explain your decision to your children.
Be creative and excited about what God is doing, and your children will follow your example. I’m praying for you as we take this journey together, and look forward to all that God is going to teach us.
In His Grace,
Pastor of Children and Families